Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > The Mainland Update - Spells
[REPLY]
Administrator
The Mainland Update - Spells
Dear players

Due to the upcoming renaming of spell incantations which might require some time for players to adapt to, we have introduced a new built-in spellbook. It displays all spells which the player currently knows or is able to learn and includes a detailed description and visualization of them. This should make getting used to new incantations go more easily and without issues. Below you can see what it looks like in-game:

Posted 2 weeks ago by Iryont (50 None of Legacy) Quote
Player
yoyo, and theres some new spells for clerics if i understood right?
exevo gran mas pox turns other 4 spells?
Posted 2 weeks ago by Bongada Mortal (250 Druid of Pendulum) Quote
Developer
Bongada Mortalyoyo, and theres some new spells for clerics if i understood right?
exevo gran mas pox turns other 4 spells?

That is correct. Poison storm has been replaced with 4 variations of Elemental Shield:
• Poison,
• Energy,
• Ice,
• and Fire.

Elemental Shield boosts the resistance of specific player against ELEMENT damage for 60 seconds by x%. This spell can be cast on yourself.
Target can be protected by only one elemental shield at the time.

Usage: aneva vex par "NAME"
Posted 2 weeks ago by Eldrin (1 None of Legacy) Quote
Player
Are there any resets coming with this update? or any new realms? :)

Looks great and damn.. you guys really put in some work here!

~
Bob
Posted 2 weeks ago by Maestro Bob (59 Knight of Unity) Quote
Player
EldrinThat is correct. Poison storm has been replaced with 4 variations of Elemental Shield:
• Poison,
• Energy,
• Ice,
• and Fire.

Elemental Shield boosts the resistance of specific player against ELEMENT damage for 60 seconds by x%. This spell can be cast on yourself.
Target can be protected by only one elemental shield at the time.

Usage: aneva vex par "NAME"

With this spells Druid will be more valuable to do team hunt and solo hunt I love this change, there will be others important changes to other vocations?
Posted 2 weeks ago by Skull'val (227 Knight of Pendulum) Quote
Tutor
Maestro BobAre there any resets coming with this update? or any new realms? :)

Looks great and damn.. you guys really put in some work here!

~
Bob

There will be no resets. A new EU server with Pendulum rates will be launched some time after the update, but there is no date set yet.
Posted 2 weeks ago by Avyssus (215 Ranger of Destiny) Quote
Player
This spells sounds like in harry potter lol. And what incantation for exura vita ?
Posted 2 weeks ago by Grevensteiner (255 Ranger of Prophecy) Quote
Player
I like the thing about dmg calculator in spellbook! Will knights be able to know some info about their melee dmg in some status screen? or just exori? Really neat feature!
Posted 2 weeks ago by Vermillon (208 Knight of Legacy) Quote
Player
Hello,

Is it possible to make a list with the names of the old spells for the new ones?

for example:
Utani Hur -> Anima Amplio

Thank you!
Posted 1 week ago by Sir Raok (120 Ranger of Destiny) Quote
Player
Are these spell words permanent? I understand everything needs to be changed during update but some of these spell words could be more consistant. 2 examples would be the words for fire field and fire wave. Fire field has words like mas and mer in it despite being a simple 1 sqm field spell. Whereas firewave doesn't even have the word Ignis in it but has Amplio AND Magnus in the spell.

I'm sure there's a few more conflicts too, it wouldn't be a bad idea to look over some of these spell words. Only thing I can ask is to please consider changing some of these to be more practical. Other than that I'm very excited for the patch and I appreciate all the work you folks are doing. Goodluck with the updates!

- Hotch
Posted 6 days ago by Hotchkiss (133 Ranger of Legacy) Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...