Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > Proposals > My thoughts about the update - not flaming
Player
My thoughts about the update - not flaming
Here’s my second attempt at replying because of time out the first time xD. I heard rumor that comments about TP are being ignored but I hope thats wrong. This update insinuates outlash. I’m certain the devs were anticipating that. I’m hoping they’ve left an ear for people who want to truly speak.

I am sad about the TP update. In my experience it was fun & rpg to find tp spots to use when exploring. It was a unique “shortcut” feature that allowed us to find ways to spend more time doing the things we want on medivia & less time map clicking. I also thought there was already a great “balance” in the game between walking to a spawn, and fetching a mailbox/tp spot when you’re ready to come back to town

TP mechanic doesn’t make sense? Fair enough, but don’t fix it if its not broken. In my opinion this solution was added on the premise that players were literally teleporting to and from quests and spawns. That is not the case. Even with tp, one hunt still required a lot of walking (at the spawns I hunt at least). If one or more of the devs came to the conclusion after 10 years that the TP mechanic is broken then so be it. Annoying for some staff members - normal to hundreds of players. But a change like this screws with the loyalty that has already been established. Why put yourself in a position where you have to win your players back? With an already fragile playerbase? The TP mechanic saved players one invaluable source - time. And this change obviously takes that time players were saving, away. With how much time one already has to invest in the game… ballsy move.

To me this is similar to the monster movements update. Did it need to happen? Sure. For the players affected was it dreadful? Yeah. Sloppy release & timing? 100% - There could have been a link next to the patch notes before logging in that directs to a forum post by an admin explaining why the tp update is necessary. I believe most players would be interested in a “why?” - I’m sure the Admins made it around to discord but some players can't be bothered to look through 100s of discord messages.

TP mechanic was removed to add 5mc teleport scroll to perpetuate steadier stream of income? Considering what else it could be, I hope this is the reason. In the end I respect medivia staff for doing 100 things right to the 1 wrong thing. Right now I think they’re in the wrong & the solution for income stream should be looked for elsewhere if possible although I hope they find the outcome they’re looking for with this. I want comadsoft to live!

In closing I am wishing the best for comadsoft, thank you for providing a landscape that has created several amazing times

Edit: I dont normally post on the forums but geez
Posted 1 year ago by Trevor (282 Knight of Legacy) Quote
Administrator
Hello

First of all, thank you for the actual good feedback about this. I will take this post as an opportunity to answer following assumption:

BreadmanTP mechanic was removed to add 5mc teleport scroll to perpetuate steadier stream of income? Considering what else it could be, I hope this is the reason. In the end I respect medivia staff for doing 100 things right to the 1 wrong thing.

That was precisely the case. We simply hope this change will make our revenue more steady and there is no point in hiding that fact why we did fix this weakness after so long.

That being the case this change will not be reverted, therefore any proposals regarding it will be simply deleted. At this point it's a matter of sustaining the game and its development rather than anything else. If you wish to have the game running with proper updates then I'm afraid that's the way to go. If someone doesn't understand that fact then I'm afraid I won't be able to change his mind, but I can imagine he would be sad enough when the game would suddenly stop in its development or worse (e.g. closed due to lack of funds) because of that. I hope some of you can understand that now.

Please keep in mind that despite of us adding as many cosmetic products as we can into the store (e.g. coal basins, torches, and so on) it's still the least significant revenue for the game compared to all other products.
Posted 1 year ago by Iryont (50 None of Legacy) Quote
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...