For some time already we have been thinking about how to make Medivia more friendly to free account players. That being the case, for a start, we have come to the conclusion that free accounts should be able to conjure runes for themselves in order to be self-sufficient in terms of in-game supplies. However, as we know from the past that usually led to abuse (e.g. rune farms), so having the past in mind we have decided to implement soulbound runes with an ability for a free account player to conjure most currently available runes in game without needing premium as well as few basic spells available for every character from the start.
What are soulbound runes?
Soulbound runes are runes conjured by free account players which are soulbound to their accounts. That being the case, only characters on that specific account can use those runes. This restriction does not apply to runes created by premium accounts as those will not be soulbound.
Those kinds of runes are marked with an ankh and they cannot be used by any other player besides the one who conjured them in the first place, so please have that in mind. In order to spot those runes, as they are no different from normal runes, an option within game client Settings => Game of "Display markings around unique items" needs to be enabled which will show markings around a soulbound rune:
That being the case, if you encounter a rune created by a different player which is soulbound it will have a gray ankh:
Following combinations are possible:
Yellow ankh - rune is soulbound and it can be used by you.
Gray ankh - rune is soulbound and it cannot be used by you since it was conjured by another player.
No ankh - rune is not soulbound and can be used by everyone.
Also, after this update following extra spells can now be learned by players with a free account:
• Conjure Bolt
• Enchant Staff
• Energy Strike
• Explosion (soulbound)
• Fireball (soulbound)
• Flame Strike
• Great Fireball (soulbound)
• Heavy Magic Missile (soulbound)
• Sudden Death (soulbound)
• Ultimate Healing Rune (soulbound)
• Ultimate Light
• Undead Legion
What about basic spells?
Following basic spells can now be used by everyone on the mainland, without needing to learn them:
• Antidote - incuro vex - cures poison
• Conjure Arrow - increo amu - conjures 15 arrows (scouts only)
• Create Food - increo nutri - conjures various types of food (scouts and clerics only)
• Force Strike - incurso mortem - deals physical damage in front of the caster (sorcerers and clerics only)
• Light - ancreo lux - illuminates surroundings of the caster
• Light Healing - incuro - heals for small amount of health
• Light Magic Missile - encurso - conjures rune that deals a small amount of energy damage (excluding warriors)
• Magic Rope - inima tera - teleports you one floor up if you are standing below a hole in the ceiling
Additionally, following spells can now also be used by everyone on Novus as well:
• Antidote - incuro vex - cures poison
• Lesser Healing - incuro min - heals for a very small amount of health
• Magic Rope - inima tera - teleports you one floor up if you are standing on a rope spot
• Small Light - ancreo min lux - illuminates very small radius around the caster for 12 minutes
What about new spells?
In total four new spells have been added this update:
• Lesser Healing - incuro min - heals the caster for a very small amount of health (Novus only)
• Small Light - ancreo min lux - illuminates very small radius around the caster for 12 minutes (Novus only)
• Ice Healing - incuro glaci - cures freezing state of the caster (clerics only)
• Mass Ice Healing - incuro glaci mas res - cures freezing state of everyone in a moderate radius (clerics only)
Please refer to your spellbook (in the game client, top-left) for more details.
Please note though, the magic level progress on Novus is much lower than progress in mainland of a warrior vocation, even though the regeneration is higher.