Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > Medivia 4.02 - public test server
[REPLY]
Administrator
Till LindemannI have a house in osaris with some deco items from the store, when update goes live will my items be sent to the depot? If so, will I have to repurchase the store deco items?

You won't lose your house because your house is within a city which is not being revamped during this update. That being the case, only the mainland houses (including Novus) will be affected.

King HongI think You should enable to test it with normal lvls, we dont have opportunity to test whole land with 8 lvl

Actually it is good as it is. We have already plenty amount of bugs to take care of. However, once the initial period is over the rate might be increased.

Rocco HungDoes the font-update allow the client to evolve into emoji-era?

Yes, the possibilities will be limitless in that case.

Unusually Brave Tomato@Iryont thanks for the tip, after changing to 'opengl' the game runs _VERY_ well even under wine

I thought it might run well under OpenGL as WINE has to translate DirectX calls to OpenGL while OpenGL calls aren't emulated on Linux / WINE environment.

VermillonBrief feedback so far:

Test server: Found and reported a few bugs, I suggest you update us here in the Forum about what already have been solved, what is being solved and what will already be implemented just not now in the test, so people can focus on other things. I know that probably you guys are doing something like that in that third part program called "discord", but a LOT of people, me included, dont want to use a third part program to play/test the game, moreover being able to fast check these things here in a fixed forum topic witouth having to login/open a program and search for it would be much more conveninent. Also some directions in how we can help you would be good, by now im just wondering around, checking npc display itens that shouldn't be pickable, chatting with npcs, going up and down stairs, looking boards and things to see if the description is alright, talkings to npcs, etc
Minor bugs I found: some pickable items wich i reported with ctrl+ Z, some missing npcs wich i didin't reported because i think they will be implemented in the future like the one near some Mittendhof rails (how they work by the way?) and thats it.
Major, Critical bug: when i was walking to Arak, suddenly my screen got black and the only way to get out of it were turning off the computer and turning on again (i was using s2dl graphic option). Another big bug is my soundbar, all the 3 bars only goes from -60dB to 0dB.... so i cant experience any sound ingame at all.

Map Design and content: Its Huge! I don't know if its because the lower level, but it seems veeery huge, the walk from Mittendhoof to Arak felt a looong way. The size is good but it felt empty. Actually just to find the pass exit took a long time of walking empty mountain borders that leads to nothing (since i dont got exani hur up or boxes, maybe they lead to anything?). The road between "gaurg" pass and arak seemed kinda empty, as i was walking a big road with nothing but a single wolf here and there on the way, i hope this BIG world will be more filled, either with more mobs (even if they are low level mobs, just give more life to the continent) or with other things. Both cities i visited seem to have a good developed and unique lore, i've learned some of Mittendhoff and it's power runes and clans, still need to look better into Arak (by the way I loved the guard who gave me directions in Arak, so i finally bought utevo lux, couldn't find the same "help" in Mittendhof). Just after a brief passage into Arak, i think i found the new "poh" north east and died xD loved the fact that giant spiders will be near the city and inclusive can be lured near the northern exit, pretty sure old players will love that.

Sprites: Since i got to Mittendhof, I loved the new sprites, from the golden pillars, the bursting lava with its own ligh, the dwarven statue at the exit to the pass, to the barren style of ARAK, i liked everything but ONE thing..... Fields. I mean, they are not ugly or bad animatons, they just feel like they don't fit in with the rest of the game art style. The rest of the game got a "pixel art" style (wich I love) while Fire Field and Poison Field looks like they got a "high definition" art style, for me it felt like almost like putting some 3d game graphics inside a 2d game, not fitting at all, they looked even "ghostly", from another game. I am not a graphic artist but still i will try to give a suggestion about the fields: a color pallete with less colors but more contrasted ones, like your old fire fields have the classic "spiked border" and higher contrast between yellow and red. I REALLYYYY hope you either change the fields to your old sprites, of if you want to change, change it to something that fits better the art style of the rest of the game/update.

Great job so far, maybe tonight later i will login again and explore Arak and surroundings a bit more with my rook set xD, i hope you guys fix this field graphics and post some "directions" to us so we can help you better.

Edit: Played the test server for hours today, Great Job in the new Orc fortress, there i felt the land was "alive", a lot of snakes, rabbits wolves, i really wish south arak had more life like that part after the cycs in the way to new OF. Keep the good job you guys are doing great.

I do appreciate the feedback. You do not need to use Discord, however, it is much more convenient for any of us to share information there (unofficial ones) while forum is used for official and longer messages in general.

Regarding the major bug you did mention - it might be likely due to outdated test game client and some new objects we did create since the launch of the test server, so I wouldn't worry about it that much. Also, regarding sounds - this is perfectly fine as you are attenuating sound compared to maximum value (0 dB is maximum value as in "no attenuation"). Audio volume should not be described in percentage because it's useless information, but rather in decibels due to human hearing threshold steps.
Posted 1 month ago by Iryont (50 None of Legacy) Quote
Player
Good Morning,

I have 2 houses, both in thais.
Will normal items go to the correct Depot?
But what about furniture items that can't be kept in containers?
VIP items like Dp home, the oven, how will it be done?
Posted 1 month ago by unknown Quote
Administrator
I have just released 4.01 version with a preliminary auto update method. If you would like to play the test server you need to manually download 4.01 version available within the first post (the link has been updated).

However, from now on if no issues arise the game client will auto update itself when we release new changes on the test server.
Player
That is one of the greatest news Iryont, honestly. Thanks!
Posted 1 month ago by Dextok (134 Archmage of Destiny) Quote
Administrator
BesstaGood Morning,

I have 2 houses, both in thais.
Will normal items go to the correct Depot?
But what about furniture items that can't be kept in containers?
VIP items like Dp home, the oven, how will it be done?

I will definitely add some sort of auto-packing for those items before the release of mainland, so if anything they will be automatically packed and send to deposit.

Any other furniture item which cannot be moved and is not from store will be gone.

DextokThat is one of the greatest news Iryont, honestly. Thanks!

lets hope it will work fine :)
Player
i download the client and i wanne log in it says client outdated ....
Posted 1 month ago by Frankenstein stain (115 Archmage of Legacy) Quote
Administrator
Please check the first message regarding "Test server login" option and how to properly log into the actual test world (not live worlds).

You are basically trying to login into the live worlds with your game client. You need to check "Test server" option to login into the test.
Player
what do you think about the option, lot channel msg or party loot channel will be added ??
Posted 1 month ago by La Pluga (50 Druid of Prophecy) Quote
Player
i did it says wrong password weird
Posted 1 month ago by Frankenstein stain (115 Archmage of Legacy) Quote
Player
Wolrd seems empty... I have a bad feelings about this.
Posted 1 month ago by Mike'mo (74 Ranger of Legacy) Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...