We have decided to open a test server with a single purpose to find as many bugs as possible before the final release of the mainland update. Please note that this is rather a test server for die hard players as it forces you to start from scratch with Pendulum like rates. In such case we would like to invite you to join us and help us with it. The test server was opened with following features:
- Rates of Pendulum world in terms of experience and skills.
- 2x loot rate.
- 6x regeneration.
- "Utevo mono" spell to get 1 crystal coin for free.
- Free Temple Scroll in Medivia Store.
- No death penalty.
- Every account received premium time.
- Everyone starts from scratch on Novus.
- Everything is finite (runes, ammunitions, fluids, and so on) just like on any normal live world.
- Heavily restricted PVP limits.
- Maximum 50 players online at the same time.
- Lowered max idle time to 5 minutes.
Please keep in mind that this is not a fun server and should be taken seriously for its purpose. In case of players who do nothing in-game and they are not useful for us we will consider taking action such as banishment to allow other players to join the test server.
Also, the test server can be restarted or taken down at any moment. It is not guaranteed to be online at a specific time for that matter.
On a side note, as you may already know, the game client allows you to erase certain parts of your mini-map by context menu and "select from" along with "select to" option. You can select a rectangle from multiple floors. Once you use "Erase selection" available under the context menu it will erase all mini-map data within that rectangle.
In order to report bugs you have to use CTRL+Z option in-game.
The report will be sent to us with a position of your character and it should be relatively easy to use rather than using a forum for the same purpose. Please report grammar and other mistakes within NPCs using that way as well.
Anyway, in case of players with a lot of bug reports or with a critical bug report we will definitely consider some sort of reward :)
How to log into the test server:
1. Use your credentials in the state as of before server save of 07.02.2020 (snapshot for the test server was taken during that day).
2. Download a client from a link provided at the bottom of this post and run it.
3. Go to Options and check "Show test server login option" available under "Game" tab.
4. Type your credentials and select "Test server" under "Remember password".
5. Choose the character and log in.
You won't be able to login into a Live world with this game client, so there is no need to worry about possible mistakes.
The game client was marked as version 4.00 (with a version labeling change from X.X.X to X.XX). The game client was heavily reworked in general and among many improvements it does include following changes:
- The architecture of the game client is now 64-bit only.
- Major overhaul of all rendering engines including two heavily optimized software renderers (SDL2 -> Software and Blend2D).
Please note that in the beta version of 3.1.0 the SDL2 -> Software renderer was not optimized which in our test case resulted in about 9-10 fps in game. However, that has changed with 4.00 and now on our test computer the renderer is able to achieve 100 fps without issues.
- The game client does now fully utilize TrueType fonts instead of outdated bitmap fonts. In fact, all previously used bitmap fonts in the game client were fully replaced by anti-aliased TrueType fonts.
- Specific reworks in text rendering for optimized drawing of font glyphs.
- Collapse of multiple executables (D3D & OGL) into one main one with selectable rendering engine.
- Lagless walking fixes compared to beta of 3.1.0.
- OpenGL 1 & 2 rendering engines were collapsed into OpenGL as the the game client will choose OpenGL backend on its own depending on the underlying hardware.
Please note the software renderers are very much useful in workstations where you are restricted from using or unable to use GPU accelerated rendering.
However, if you find yourself in a situation where you do not get many fps with hardware renderers in general (OpenGL, DirectX or SDL2) you might want to try a software renderer to see if you can get a better gaming experience (Blend2D or SDL2 -> Software).
On a side note, I would very much appreciate if you could play on any new renderer (either SDL2 with any backend you feel is comfortable or Blend2D).
You can download the game client using the following link: