Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > Premium price
Administrator
Premium price
Dear players

As you all know the development of the game is at full throttle and currently we have more developers than even before to meet the demand of the updates we are currently facing (e.g. creation of the new mainland). In order to achieve that our team consists of following developers:

Xuna - the one and only developer responsible for the whole map of Medivia. He has been with us for years since the creation of Abukir and he is the only person capable of satisfying you with his art of map creation.

Saphron - the guy responsible for the whole graphics revamp of Medivia! If anything needs to be done it will be done. There is nothing he can't draw!

Siegriel - if you read our lore, genesis, and every teaser you should know that guy wrote every piece of it. Even if he isn't available at the computer he is still working on Medivia with is note.

CM Madragor - If you violate our rules you will definitely meet him. However, it doesn't mean he is that bad! In fact, rumors say that he do actually help players if they ask for assistance in game due to bugs or other unforeseen issues.

Iryont - Person who started all of this, but it doesn't mean he knows what he is doing. Well, that is except for programming which he seems be good at, but that's about it.

Unfortunately development and the whole maintenance of the game is really expensive and has been in fact skyrocketing for the past few months due to development of the mainland. Considering the fact that we do not sell products such as runes, fluids and some sort of scrolls which do increase experience gain in game our income is practically limited to premium time only since it's renewable each month. That being the case I did decide that the increase of premium price is necessary to keep the development of the game at a satisfying level without much sacrifices.

As of today the premium price has been increased from 6 EUR to 7 EUR.

In the future we might implement some decoration and outfits within our premium section, but please keep in mind that since it's only one time fee (unlike premium) and our income does not really change much in the long-term. The same goes to any other products we do sell (e.g. house scrolls).

I hope you can understand our decision, but please believe me when I say that the increase in premium price is taking place only to make the game better and to keep the development of the game on the same level without any issues due to lack of funds.

Posted 1 week ago by Iryont Quote
Player
Hm, I understand that this could be necessary, although, have you consider that 'the overall revenue' might actually decrease with this change?
As it stands, I understand that for many players who live in Europe/America and other countries who enjoy a strong currency can afford 6 quid easily without going over budget, but what about those who live in Brazil, SA Countries in general who have a much weaker currency? Have you consider that you might end up not selling for those players at all anymore due to the price of the premium scroll for those players?
As is nowadays a Premium Scroll for a Brazilian player goes for 25.62 Brazilian Real which is ALMOST a full days work for someone under minimum wage in Brazil: R$31.23/Day under Minimum Wage.
Regardless the fact that Brazil holds probably the best 'economy' from SA and for the rest of the players that are from other countries of SA, this change would potentially kill their ability of buying a Premium Scroll at all.

And goes without mentioning that Medivia might lose those players and if so, lose revenue and maybe at the end of the day you would end up having even less revenue regardless the increase on the Scroll price.

I'm using SA as an example, but there are even examples to be listed from within Europe itself, Polish players don't particularly have a strong economy at their country as well, could also potentially be an issue in similar fashion.

Oh and before you say 'But It's only 1 euro', that's not translatable for many as only 1 euro since many countries have a complete different economical setup in place and that euro could represent much more than just loose change.

Final Consideration: I live in the UK and I'm part of the bucket that would not get too affected by this, but I'm a selfless individual and I only wish the best for this server and i think about the situation of others, not only of my own.

About implementing outfits in the store: I would quit the day you guys implement anything alike, honest to GOD I would burn my house in Garrogat, run naked on the streets of Thais in protest and never come back again, please do NOT go on this route, there are better ways to make money that don't resource to prostitution of our beloved game play where you have to WORK for you stuff and not buy it with your American Express... funny thing is, last week I've told some friend to write it down 'If Medivia ever put outfits on the shop i would rook my char and retired' but I guess I once again have overestimated the discernment of some, then again, Trump is president.. i should have seen that one coming.

Might be a better idea to Invest money and time to find ways to bring new players to the game, that would also increase your revenue, those changes of late have only made the game more hostile towards new players, maybe investing time and resources in creating good ways for new players to survive on the current state of the game would be an long term alternative, also investing on better looking/more appealing propaganda/website and else.
WOW have a subscription value of 19.92 Punds 60 Days option, that's roughly 10 quid, I understand that is not comparable at all their operation with what we have in here, but the reason why it's not much more expensive than that fundamentally relies on the amount of active players they have, might be worth a while to try to bring new players on board.

Edit: Why don't you guys, instead of increasing the value of the Premium Scroll, create a crowd fund or something like that showing what's the upcoming changes and the goal to achieve them money wise? this way those who can help with a bit of money I would be happy to do so!
Posted 1 week ago by Velsharoon Quote
Player
Agree with Velsharoon!
Posted 1 week ago by Delicato Quote
Player
VelsharoonHm, I understand that this could be necessary, although, have you consider that 'the overall revenue' might actually decrease with this change?
As it stands, I understand that for many players who live in Europe/America and other countries who enjoy a strong currency can afford 6 quid easily without going over budget, but what about those who live in Brazil, SA Countries in general who have a much weaker currency? Have you consider that you might end up not selling for those players at all anymore due to the price of the premium scroll for those players?
As is nowadays a Premium Scroll for a Brazilian player goes for 25.62 Brazilian Real which is ALMOST a full days work for someone under minimum wage in Brazil: R$31.23/Day under Minimum Wage.
Regardless the fact that Brazil holds probably the best 'economy' from SA and for the rest of the players that are from other countries of SA, this change would potentially kill their ability of buying a Premium Scroll at all.

And goes without mentioning that Medivia might lose those players and if so, lose revenue and maybe at the end of the day you would end up having even less revenue regardless the increase on the Scroll price.

I'm using SA as an example, but there are even examples to be listed from within Europe itself, Polish players don't particularly have a strong economy at their country as well, could also potentially be an issue in similar fashion.

Oh and before you say 'But It's only 1 euro', that's not translatable for many as only 1 euro since many countries have a complete different economical setup in place and that euro could represent much more than just loose change.

Final Consideration: I live in the UK and I'm part of the bucket that would not get too affected by this, but I'm a selfless individual and I only wish the best for this server and i think about the situation of others, not only of my own.

About implementing outfits in the store: I would quit the day you guys implement anything alike, honest to GOD I would burn my house in Garrogat, run naked on the streets of Thais in protest and never come back again, please do NOT go on this route, there are better ways to make money that don't resource to prostitution of our beloved game play where you have to WORK for you stuff and not buy it with your American Express... funny thing is, last week I've told some friend to write it down 'If Medivia ever put outfits on the shop i would rook my char and retired' but I guess I once again have overestimated the discernment of some, then again, Trump is president.. i should have seen that one coming.

Might be a better idea to Invest money and time to find ways to bring new players to the game, that would also increase your revenue, those changes of late have only made the game more hostile towards new players, maybe investing time and resources in creating good ways for new players to survive on the current state of the game would be an long term alternative, also investing on better looking/more appealing propaganda/website and else.

He took the words out of my mouth. I bought some scrolls for makers, it really will break me.

Regarding outfit sales, for God's sake: NO
Posted 1 week ago by Sir Mureco Quote
Player
I won't pay more than 6 Euro for a Premium Scroll. Scrolls increases like every 4 months and this will be my last 22 days of premium on this account. It's just too much for me.
Posted 1 week ago by Zappy Quote
Player
Iryont
In the future we might implement some decoration and outfits within our premium section, but please keep in mind that since it's only one time fee (unlike premium) and our income does not really change much in the long-term. The same goes to any other products we do sell (e.g. house scrolls).

Absolutely not, please don't do that. Outfits should be obtainable only in game
Posted 1 week ago by Stiflonda Quote
Player
Dont wanna see outfits in shop. House decorations such as tables/carpets and stuff like that I can live with I guess.

Regarding increased price of pacc it doesnt really affect me but then again I live in europe. Would be good to hear the opinion from poor parts of the world.. important to remember, 1 player quitting = 6 scrolls with the new prices (1 extra eur per player).. hope it doesnt generate in losing money AND players with this change.
Posted 1 week ago by Diamondproo Quote
Player
Raise of Premium Scroll
If it's nessasery, I don't mind it. But like players above said.. 1 euro for me is maybe not much, but for some others it can be A LOT.
So we might even 'lose' players if they don't feel like keep paying extra.

Outfits in shop
What the hell? Are you joking with us?? The day I see these kind of stuff on your 'shop' market is the day I stop re-newing my premium. And I just bought 3 scrolls in your shop, and I kinda feel bad for it after reading these news!!
You know today if people want to buy an outfit and they want it fast, they would have to purchase a lot of scrolls to sell it for money in order to buy creature products.
If you do this you will lose even more because it's not like your going to add outfits for 100-200 EU each right? That's what some outfits cost if you convert the value of premium scroll into gold and then into creature products. So in my opinion not only do you ruin your own economy more but you also ruin the feeling for us people to get them ourselfs in the game, as it should always be. Big big.. No No on this.

Other Ideas For Outfits
Instead of putting an outfit on market.. there could be other ways how to make some idea similiar to this but in a way less harmful way!
Example: We had made a scroll which you can teleport with, even tho you just need to carry some 35 oz boxes, fine .. the change is not harmful.
Now why not make a scroll where you get example like a scroll that boost your skills like by 10-20 skill points to our skills/speed/mana gain for example 2h?
Or a scroll that increases our chances by 10% when we are skinning products for 2h? I mean this way your not actually getting something, your only getting a boost of something, but nothing really concrete. I would want to hear what people say about this?

Mainland Update and other Events
I would say it's better you guys focus on changing this and later to host well thought out events that will attract the server more, and eventually it will get bigger when we get stuff we can really enjoy. I understand that the server is under big development but I think you will get more from people once you can comercial the game in bigger scales..
We don't have the numbers or the knowledge of how much you need for your staff and what it needs to finish this project, but raising the premium cost is fine for me, but any other than that is just shooting this server in the foot.

Zyra Coxa
Posted 1 week ago by Zyra Coxa Quote
Administrator
I believe there was a misunderstanding regarding outfits. I didn't mean the outfits you do have in game, but totally new ones, available within shop only.

However, as suggested, it's not really necessary. That being the case some of you need to understand that it's either forward or backwards and nowadays the development is really expensive. In fact, two years ago we didn't have so many developers. It's really expensive to maintain everything on a proper level.
Posted 1 week ago by Iryont Quote
Player
Zyra CoxaRaise of Premium Scroll
If it's nessasery, I don't mind it. But like players above said.. 1 euro for me is maybe not much, but for some others it can be A LOT.
So we might even 'lose' players if they don't feel like keep paying extra.

Outfits in shop
What the hell? Are you joking with us?? The day I see these kind of stuff on your 'shop' market is the day I stop re-newing my premium. And I just bought 3 scrolls in your shop, and I kinda feel bad for it after reading these news!!
You know today if people want to buy an outfit and they want it fast, they would have to purchase a lot of scrolls to sell it for money in order to buy creature products.
If you do this you will lose even more because it's not like your going to add outfits for 100-200 EU each right? That's what some outfits cost if you convert the value of premium scroll into gold and then into creature products. So in my opinion not only do you ruin your own economy more but you also ruin the feeling for us people to get them ourselfs in the game, as it should always be. Big big.. No No on this.

Mainland Update and other Events
I would say it's better you guys focus on changing this and later to host well thought out events that will attract the server more, and eventually it will get bigger when we get stuff we can really enjoy. I understand that the server is under big development but I think you will get more from people once you can comercial the game in bigger scales..
We don't have the numbers or the knowledge of how much you need for your staff and what it needs to finish this project, but raising the premium cost is fine for me, but any other than that is just shooting this server in the foot.

Zyra Coxa

Perfect reasoning.
Posted 1 week ago by Sir Mureco Quote
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...