Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > In Retrospect...
[REPLY]
Developer
In Retrospect...
Greetings, Medivians.

I've made this thread to say goodbye and offer a an interesting read before I go, a retrospective look on what has been accomplished over the past years, and what the Medivia Team did during my tenure. I'll provide you some data and stories from my perspective.

During the previous few years, I've had the opportunity to work with Medivia's team on the evolution of this game as a graphic designer and sprite creator for the project.
Medivia is moving forward fast, and we're very glad to see that so many of you have joined this exciting adventure. Unfortunately, it must move forward without me, as this month I'll be handing in my final content and resigning from the team.

I've worked with Medivia's team for 3-4 years, starting out as an absolute beginner, and Iryont will always have my gratitude for the fact that he provided me with a stable position and an opportunity to improve my skills, all the while using my work to improve on the content of Medivia.
Working here has been a pleasant experience, even though at times, it seemed like everyone hated my guts and my work - which is somewhat understandable, as my beginnings were not as delicate as some of the stuff that I make nowadays after years of experience. We all start small then grow into something improved and better, like me, like you and your characters, and like Medivia.

Speaking of your characters... here is some information about the characters and the world they're living in.

Over time, many of you adapted to the changes and started accepting the fact that this is a game that will be changing further, both visually and technically. We hope this will continue and it was pleasant to see that, as it always pains us to announce changes knowing that some of you have still not come to terms with the fact that this needs to be done. New content needs to be added to keep the game fresh and exciting for players who have been playing for a longer time, and old content, which we understand is a sensitive spot, also needs changes to adapt to the incredible influx of players that have been registering on Medivia. For example, Rookgaard was changed into Novus to freshen up this very old area and allow it to provide more room for the new players and the launch of Destiny, which has been performing outstandingly well since its launch. Have a look at the infographic below to see a bit more detail about these changes.

Playing after each major update, you've probably noticed that the Medivia team did a nice job integrating all of this and providing you with new content in the game. On top of that, the client has been improved and changed immensely since I started working here, and the team is doing their best to keep up with all your reasonable feedback and provide changes based on it.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that the team always keeps an eye on the forums and your suggestions, complaints and remarks. If something has not been addressed yet, it's either already on the to-do list and coming soon, or a proposal that can not be realized for various valid reasons. Depending on what else is on the to-do list, some stuff might arrive later than the other, but issues are getting solved day and night.

Another thing I enjoyed was the creativity of the community, which is not too commonly displayed, but when it is, it can be very inspiring or even funny. Here's to more house decoration contests, role-playing, epic quest theories and intense PVP videos!

I'll be in close contact with the team and Medivia, helping out here and there, and watching its evolution, as it always draws a smile on face to know that I've been able to aid in accomplishing this. As for you guys, I hope you've enjoyed any of my work on Medivia and I wish you all the best in your adventures. It has been a fun few years.

Another talented spriter by the name of Saphron will carry that torch in my place from now on, wish him a warm welcome.

Best of luck to Saphron and Medivia,
and farewell.
Posted 4 months ago by Shiva Quote
Player
Good bye and good luck in the future!

#First #Important
Posted 4 months ago by Bae Ezra Quote
Player
Your work is more than appreciated, best of luck. <3
Posted 4 months ago by Saelvas Saelvius Quote
Player
Thanks Shiva and good luck in your journey!
Posted 4 months ago by Perry Quote
Player
Don't get players wrong its normal to see people complaining about changing stuff that they are alredy used to, your work was great, i wish you a great future and the best in your career since you brought us Joy and Fun for the past few years with new creatures new sprites and new adventures.

Hope Medivia grows and stay here forever.

Good bye and Thank you Shiva and a warm welcome to Saphron.
Posted 4 months ago by Po Po Quote
Player
Hey Shiva!

We do appreciate your work as a community, I'm sure of it. Personally, I'm very thankful to very beautiful works like Icenhaal and Forgula designs, pretty damn good I might say!

Oh, and don't fear, we won't go soft on Saphron >:D

bb
Posted 4 months ago by Life Shiver Quote
Tutor
Thanks for your time spent on Medivia.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Regards,
Tjockas
Posted 4 months ago by Tjockas Quote
Player
Thanks for all what you did with Medivia, good luck in rest life!
Posted 4 months ago by Ivarme Quote
Player
Good read... thanks for your work :)
Posted 4 months ago by Margo Quote
Player
There was literally nothing interesting about this post. Nothing offered from your perspective, etc. You were new, grew more experienced and are now leaving. The graphics were unnecessary (a graphic showing a picture a two servers then 4 servers ???? was that necessary to make a graphic to show something so elementary). Seriously a disappointing post. Of all the things you could've talked about...alternate concepts, disagreements about the styles, random bugs you had etc. You chose to share none of this.

Thanks for your contribution, but to describe this as interesting was a mistake.
Posted 4 months ago by Craniur Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...