Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > Roadmap of Medivia
[REPLY]
Administrator
Roadmap of Medivia
I came to the conclusion that it would be wise to inform you about the changes in game we (developers) do plan to implement within this year, so you won't be surprised about what is meant to happen and how the game will evolve further on.

First of all, it is worth to mention that we are currently working on remaking Edron city and its surroundings. The new city will be bigger compared to what we have now and it will include many more mysteries with breathtaking lore and of course more demonic creatures to encounter during your journey. In general there will be plenty of things to explore :) After that we do plan to focus on Darama slowly getting to the mainland which will be gradually remade as well to fit our needs. In general all changes will be gradual which should give you enough time to adjust to the changes. Besides that a lot of old sprites will be replaced during this process, but it is a natural thing to do during such changes. Another thing worth to mention is that we do plan to add a possibility to upgrade every kind of weapons, shields and armors along with one of the first updates which are scheduled to happen within this year. However, it will come at its price in which it will be quite likely to break the weapon during such process. The system will be quite advanced and you will have to find more about it in game. Besides that we are trying to improve mining system, making the fisting skill more useful in general, expanding factions, generic fixes and upgrades of the game client and bunch of other stuff I cannot recall right now. Well, there is one thing which was meant to a surprise once initial drafts and tests were finished, but I guess it won't hurt to mention that we do have drafts for a fifth vocation. However, general details will have to wait until their time is due :)

Please keep in mind that despite the changes we will always stick to oldschool gaming in which death penalties and general difficulty level are at its maximum levels.

Also, soon enough we do plan to introduce a second community manager to keep the game away from cheaters since CM Madragor alone is simply not capable of handling everything by himself.

Possible questions and statements:

Question: Will you change X as well?
Answer: It is more than likely. In fact, every content before Abukir's update is expected to be remade, unless of course it was already remade after that (e.g. Forgula and ice islands).

Statement: If you continue to change stuff I will leave this game.
Answer: I'm afraid we will continue to do so since it is a mandatory thing. However, you can always give it a try since who knows, after all you might like it.

Anyway, I hope that most of our players will enjoy the changes we have prepared for them!

Posted 6 months ago by Iryont Quote
Player
RIP Oldschool feeling
Posted 6 months ago by Targaryen Quote
Player
Bye Medivia!

bye bye oldschool....
Posted 6 months ago by Ploo Quote
Player
If something is working good, why changing it?
Same path as Cipsoft, ignoring community requests.

At least you are giving us time to look for a new game, it was VERY good while it lasted...
Posted 6 months ago by Red Cherry Quote
Player
Ugh I understand where you are coming from I'm having to change stuff but still kinda sucks. I will give it a try cause like said we might like it better. That being said I am very worried about this 5th vocation...Can we some more details on this vocation and is this something we can have a poll about or is this 100% happening. (the 5th vocation part)
Posted 6 months ago by Pharaxe Quote
Player
Will there be any changes on the pvp aspect of the game?

As for the other changes, i guess its needed due to the high player amount.

Skip the 5th vocation or atleast make a poll about it. You just ruining it with that one.
Posted 6 months ago by unknown Quote
Player
I can really see and understand the direction you are heading.

Keep that up! With good and hard work Medivia can grown to its potential. Loved the changes and the looks of the new map.
Posted 6 months ago by Dextok Quote
Player
IryontI came to the conclusion that it would be wise to inform you about the changes in game we (developers) do plan to implement within this year, so you won't be surprised about what is meant to happen and how the game will evolve further on.

First of all, it is worth to mention that we are currently working on remaking Edron city and its surroundings. The new city will be bigger compared to what we have now and it will include many more mysteries with breathtaking lore and of course more demonic creatures to encounter during your journey. In general there will be plenty of things to explore :) After that we do plan to focus on Darama slowly getting to the mainland which will be gradually remade as well to fit our needs. In general all changes will be gradual which should give you enough time to adjust to the changes. Besides that a lot of old sprites will be replaced during this process, but it is a natural thing to do during such changes. Another thing worth to mention is that we do plan to add a possibility to upgrade every kind of weapons, shields and armors along with one of the first updates which are scheduled to happen within this year. However, it will come at its price in which it will be quite likely to break the weapon during such process. The system will be quite advanced and you will have to find more about it in game. Besides that we are trying to improve mining system, making the fisting skill more useful in general, expanding factions, generic fixes and upgrades of the game client and bunch of other stuff I cannot recall right now. Well, there is one thing which was meant to a surprise once initial drafts and tests were finished, but I guess it won't hurt to mention that we do have drafts for a fifth vocation. However, general details will have to wait until their time is due :)

Please keep in mind that despite the changes we will always stick to oldschool gaming in which death penalties and general difficulty level are at its maximum levels.

Also, soon enough we do plan to introduce a second community manager to keep the game away from cheaters since CM Madragor alone is simply not capable of handling everything by himself.

Possible questions and statements:

Question: Will you change X as well?
Answer: It is more than likely. In fact, every content before Abukir's update is expected to be remade, unless of course it was already remade after that (e.g. Forgula and ice islands).

Statement: If you continue to change stuff I will leave this game.
Answer: I'm afraid we will continue to do so since it is a mandatory thing. However, you can always give it a try since who knows, after all you might like it.

Anyway, I hope that most of our players will enjoy the changes we have prepared for them!

Is that last image supposed to be Thais?
This doesn't feel right at all
Posted 6 months ago by unknown Quote
Player
Damnit..

Will be the end for me2 then.
Posted 6 months ago by Ondus Quote
Player
NO! SIGNED SIEGFRIED
Posted 6 months ago by Siegfried Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...