Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > News > Game update
[REPLY]
Administrator
Game update
Dear players

As promised today was the update in which we did revamp the whole beginners island and we did rename it to Novus. There are now three main temples which will be randomly selected during the first login. Two of them are for free accounts while one of them is for premium players. The purpose of this change is to allow a bit more controlled start in which a lot of players login at the same time.

Besides that we have made the following changes in general:

In game changes:

* Added bunch of new quests to Novus.
* Added several Oracles.
* Changed sprites of the following Creatures: Rat, Cave Rat, Dog, Hyaena, Blue Djinn, Green Djinn, Marid, Efreet, Mummy, Poison Spider, Giant Spider, Banshee, Rabbit.
* Minor changes to loot of the following Creatures: Fiery Beetle, Skull Reaper, Drake Lord, Nether Spider.
* Minor changes to strength of Nether Spider.
* Minor changes to minimap color of certain objects.
* Changed premium roses to premium scrolls.
* Changed house roses to house scrolls.

Game client changes:

* Moved windows related options to a new tab called "Panels".
* Added a possibility to disable dragging for certain windows.
* Added word wrapping for container name.
* Extended classic control (Shift+Right Button = follow or open container in a new window).
* Optimized VIP list sorting algorithm.
* Optimized battlelist and removed all sorting methods leaving only a classic one as default.
* Added a possibility to turn when using WASD as walking keys.
* Changed clear text from Ctrl+W to Ctrl+Y.
* Removed show experience option.
* Added possibility to select a main panel in which e.g. containers will be assigned to when opened for the first time.

Also, purchases are now on the whole account and can be acquired by any character on that specific account.

Posted 5 months ago by Iryont Quote
Player
very noice update mr manager
Posted 5 months ago by Mean Meme Machine Quote
Player
Looking good IMO! Hopefully you wont reset Pendulum too soon though as i believe it will make people less prone to come back.
Posted 5 months ago by Biblethump Quote
Player
When will the server be up again ?
Posted 5 months ago by Rojeer Quote
Player
Sounds great, looking forward to testing things out.
Posted 5 months ago by Lord Niggs Quote
Player
<prays for the GS sprite to be the 7.2 one>
Posted 5 months ago by Hektaric Quote
Player
Hektaric<prays for the GS sprite to be the 7.2 one>

That would be awesome!
Posted 5 months ago by Don Hagmano Quote
Player
Can anyone tell me when the server should be up?
Posted 5 months ago by Rojeer Quote
Player
Nice update! Hope new rook is good.

UnknownOptimized battlelist and removed all sorting methods leaving only a classic one as default.

I didn't test it yet, but this looks like a bad idea. The sorting typed by distance/health were so useful!
Posted 5 months ago by Leon Dank Quote
Administrator
Leon DankI didn't test it yet, but this looks like a bad idea. The sorting typed by distance/health were so useful!

That is correct, but from my experience over 90% players did use the default sorting method. In such case I did decide to heavily optimize the whole module with one default sorting method instead. That is to avoid stuttering which happened when a lot of creatures were visible on the screen.

Also, you can now hide creatures without having the attack or follow square disappearing.
Posted 5 months ago by Iryont Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...