Visit Library section for more information about Medivia
Welcome to Medivia! Learn more
Forum > Game Issues > Minor issues - report them here!
[REPLY]
Administrator
Rocco HungClient doesn't show real ping to server. It is halved.

It's the real latency value. At this point a ping is useless since it does include of how long it takes for your game client to receive the result of your action, but the more important part is how long it will take for game server to proceed with your action.

It shouldn't be called ping though. It's misleading due to a program "ping" which does include the whole ping-pong mechanism and it does work differently. It's more like a latency and I will rename it to such.

Rocco HungAlso dragon ham and normal ham still need to have the 's' removed - 20:42 You see hams. :P

I see. I need to have a look. Thank you.
Posted 2 years ago by Iryont (40 None of Legacy) Quote
Player
Hello guys, just fund a bug on Arena, where u can summon loads of skells with "exana mas mort" and skin them , forever.

already showed to Madragor, he told me to post in here

thanks for the time

king regards
Arya Tuts
Posted 2 years ago by Arya Tuts (66 Cleric of Legacy) Quote
Player
I sold the item and forgot to copy and paste directly, but it is located on my stream if you need proof.

Arming sword is read as follows: You see a arming sword~
It should be as follows: You see an arming sword~
Posted 2 years ago by Skalth (156 Warrior of Destiny) Quote
Player
IryontIt's the real latency value.

I'm a networking guy (CCNA). Can you explain to me how it's possible that I have a 60ms latency to the NL from ON, Canada?

I think maybe I misunderstood what you were explaining cause what you said doesn't make sense xD.
Posted 2 years ago by Tankenstien (165 Warrior of Destiny) Quote
Administrator
CanadianI'm a networking guy (CCNA). Can you explain to me how it's possible that I have a 60ms latency to the NL from ON, Canada?

Do you know how ICMP echo request works? If you do have the certificate then you should be pretty much aware of it. However, to make long story short it asks the server to respond to your echo request by sending an echo reply. It's basically a round-trip delay time which includes of how long it takes for you to receive the acknowledgment (echo reply).

The second part of this message is not important for the game client. To make long story short - the latency you see in game is a delay between the action you just made on your screen and the time when it is received and proceeded by the game server. It doesn't include the acknowledge part (which doubles the result since the message has to travel back) like a normal ping do.
Player
IryontDo you know how ICMP echo request works? If you do have the certificate then you should be pretty much aware of it. However, to make long story short it asks the server to respond to your echo request by sending an echo reply. It's basically a round-trip delay time which includes of how long it takes for you to receive the acknowledgment (echo reply).

The second part of this message is not important for the game client. To make long story short - the latency you see in game is a delay between the action you just made on your screen and the time when it is received and proceeded by the game server. It doesn't include the acknowledge part (which doubles the result since the message has to travel back) like a normal ping do.

See this makes sense. So it's not the "real" latency value (for example, like other games show as their latency) like others here were asking about before, because those games use a round trip calculation.

The time shown in game is the actual time in milliseconds it takes for the local game client to send a packet to the game server, thanks I get it now.
Administrator
CanadianSee this makes sense. So it's not the "real" latency value (for example, like other games show as their latency) like others here were asking about before, because those games use a round trip calculation

Indeed. I suppose it does depend on your definition of latency. However, I do truly believe that it's better to call it latency rather than ping.

CanadianThe time shown in game is the actual time in milliseconds it takes for the local game client to send a packet to the game server, thanks I get it now.

Actually no, your previous definition (before the edit) was better. The mechanism is embedded within the game protocol and it does include the CPU load on the game server side, too. Not to mention the fact that if a game scheduler is having hard time proceeding in-game actions you will see that on the latency value, too.

It's really hard to name it properly. Perhaps a time displacement between the game client and the game server would be more accurate to describe it.
Player
Got it.
Player
CuffItem called 'some mushrooms' is considered a countable one which leads to situations like 'you see 3 some mushrooms'

@Cuff: LOL! HAHAHHAHA

@Iryont:

Dead EyeTraps are not working.

You see an open trap.
It weighs 21.0 oz.

When people walk on top of it, it should close and deal damage to the person on top of it. This does not work.
Posted 2 years ago by Atak Spawacza (166 Ranger of Legacy) Quote
Player
Yesterday when the compensation was given to all pacc players, my account didn't get free days even though I have 25 days of premium remaining.
Posted 2 years ago by Bartek Cwaniak (33 Warrior of Destiny) Quote
[REPLY]
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Loading... Loading...